Thursday 28 May 2009

My creative space

This week I'm on "customing T-shirts" once again! I started to transform this old and large t-shirt in a dress for my daughter..

Stripes (like flowers) are always coming back in fashion, so I advice you to never throw them away..

In this other shirt, I so far covered a  stain that would not go away..(brown on white stripe.. couldn't have been on a black one?Grunf!) so for now I just placed a brooch on it..and voilĂ !
This year I've seen a lot of red+ dark stripes...

And last on my list.. I 'm going to make more of those superyummy hazelnut and Nutella bisquits! (And then I complain about baby fat ;D)
 Recipe:
1 egg yolk
180 gr white flour
100 gr. sugar cane
100 gr. soft butter 
1 teaspoon yeast
fresh lemon peel
ground hazelnut
Mix the flour  and  sugar, then add the egg, lemon peel, yeast, soft butter in pieces, and ground hazelnuts.
Knead well with hands until you have a ball, cover it with cling film and put it in the fridge for half an hour.
While you wait, switch on the oven at 180· and then take the dough and roll it 1 cm. thick with a rolling pin and cut it in shapes. 
Put it in the oven for 15 minutes, and when they are cool, spread some nutella on one of them, top with another bisquit and then sprinkle with powdered sugar.

To see more creative spaces...check out Kirsty

8 comments:

  1. Those biscuits look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you're so clever with your sewing!
    Have to try those biscuits - I love Nutella! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your biscuits look delicious! I love your sewing transformation too, how creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your t-shirt to dress is so great. i love the idea of pulling apart old things and making them into new. (unfortunately for me, this usually just stays in idea stage). well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute dress! I have a few things that could do with some of this spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great transfomation from tee to dress!! & thanks for the recipe it looks delicous!!

    p.s. I am hosting a giveaway for a beautiful handmade ceramic item donated by 'love grows by giving' - you can enter here.

    x nadine
    little lovelies

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the work you've done with your shirt, it's great!! those biscuits mmmmmmmm, yummy, yummy.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those biscuits sound delicious. The dress looks great too.

    ReplyDelete